Full title: Inclusion Through Crowdfunding
Finish: 14.01.2023 (extended to May 2023)
Programme: ERASMUS+, EU Solidarity Corps
Sub-Programme: Platforms, Skills and Innovation
What is InCrowd?
“InCrowd” – Inclusion through Crowdfunding – is a project aimed to empower the “NEET” (Neither in Employment nor in Education or Training) section of the population who are aged between 18 and 30 years old with a new and innovative form of self-expression and economic determination: crowdfunding.
In the current precarious EU labour market, young people often suffer from a lack of guidance and direction to start their own professional career, often resulting in failure or even a complete undoing. This is often the case for youngsters coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Proposed Solution
The INCrowd project wants to offer disadvantaged young people a new and innovative tool to make their voices heard and to enjoy the opportunity to participate in the development of more inclusive and active communities and cities, as engaged and committed people. It will do so by offering crowdfunding as a disruptive and powerful instrument for starting a social innovation project, as well as for collecting funds and engaging citizens.
- Contribute to get a clear understanding of how crowdfunding can be used
- Increase the capacities of young people to have an impact in their territories.
- Assess opportunities behind crowdfunding and its specific application to social innovation.
- Explore the possibility to integrate crowdfunding into existing public and private funding schemes
How can you participate?
If you fall in the project parameters (18-30 & a NEET [Not in Employment, Education or Training]) then you can be part of the project. Contact us for further information.
Participants representing Malta
The following crowdfunding campaigns that were launched on Zaar were part of the INCrowd project.
- il-lokal: a new creative hub in Valletta
- Sikura: A brand designed to keep you safe
- Restoration of the Comino Bakery
- Perla u Suzy – The Startup of a New Alterations and Upcycling Business
Two other projects are still in their initial stages and will be launched in the future.
2023 – Join us on 23rd March @ BusinessLabs, B’Kara for Join the Crowd! Register here: https://forms.gle/UUK3ZqoFiUx9Syqo9